A simple, super tasty Corn Salad made with fresh or canned corn, avocado and juicy tomatoes, finished with a fresh lime dressing. Extra recipe for today!
This is an extra recipe for today, the side dish for the Garlic Prawns I also shared today. So I’m keeping this post super short!
This is a very typical salad I make with corn. Avocado isn’t available all year round, so I just leave it out and add something else like cucumbers to make it a crunchier, freshly version.
I really like making this with fresh corn, but for every day purposes, I’ll use canned corn too.
The Corn Salad is finished with coriander/cilantro – my favourite herb with corn – but it also works really well with parsley. And I don’t make the dressing separately, I just pour the lime or lemon juice straight over the salad, some lime juice, salt and pepper, then toss. Delish! – Nagi xx
- 2 corn on the cob (or 400g / 14 oz canned corn, drained)
- 1 avocado , cut into large dice
- 200 g / 7 oz cherry tomatoes , halved (or 2 large tomatoes, cut into large dice)
- 2 shallots / scallions , finely sliced or 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped coriander/cilantro (or parsley)
- 2 tbsp lime juice or 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook corn on the cob for 3 minutes. Drain corn, run under cold water to stop cooking further. Once cool to touch, cut corn off the cob. Cool.
Place remaining ingredients in a large bowl, drizzle over lime juice, olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Toss gently, serve.
This recipe was published as the side salad for these Garlic Prawns.
Nutrition per serving, assuming 4 servings.