Making glazed carrots on the stove is something I started doing several years ago for lavish special event dinners like Christmas when the (one and only) oven is otherwise occupied with more important things. Like the main event – turkey or ham. Stuffing. Homemade bread.
Carrots are not a priority. Sorry! 😉
So this is how I make carrots that look and taste roasted but are made on the stove. It’s very simple!
- 6 carrots, peeled, cut into quarters lengthwise then halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- ⅔ cup water
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley, finely chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oil in a very large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add carrots and shake the pan so they are (almost all) cut side down. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes without stirring until golden brown.
- Add remaining ingredients except parsley. Stir once then allow to cook until the water is evaporated and carrots start to caramelise - about 3 minutes.
- Stir once or twice until caramelised, then transfer to serving dish.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm