Be surprised with how versatile the humble tortilla can be! This is a round up of great dishes made using tortillas other than the usual suspects – no tacos, burritos or enchiladas on this list.
1. Tortilla French Toast from Healthy Recipes. Healthy? Awesome – I can eat twice as much! Get the recipe.
2. Fruit Filled French Toast Wraps from Taste of Home. Go light – like this recipe using yoghurt and berries – or go all out (I’m thinking cream and strawberries….) Get the recipe.
3. Nutella breakfast roll-up – great breakfast on the go! Spread Nutella evenly onto a tortilla wrap. Place peeled banana on one edge of the tortilla. Wrap the tortilla around the banana. Cut into 1 inch thick sections to make several rolls.
4. Migas by Gimme Some Oven. Cheesey gooey goodness with tomato, peppers and eggs with crispy tortilla. Yes, this really is a traditional Mexican breakfast. What a way to start a day! Get the recipe.
5. Huevos Rancheros in Tortilla Cups by The Curvy Carrot. Breakfast in a cup? Yes please! Get the recipe.
6. Mexican Quiche in Tortilla Crust from recipe.com. Fantastic gluten free make-ahead dish that you can get creative as you want with! Get the recipe.
7. Mini Pizzas by Dashing Dish. Brilliant shortcut ideas using a tin to cut rounds from tortillas to use as the pizza base! Get the recipe.
8. Baked Tortilla Chips by The Lemon Bowl. So much healthier than store bought, and sprinkled with an extra kick! Get the recipe.
9. Spinach & Artichoke Dip in Tortilla Cups from The Vegan Crew. Double dippers paradise! Get the recipe.
10. Asparagus Cigars from food.com. Who can resist something that looks so crunchy? Get the recipe.
11. Tortilla Wrapped Hot Dogs – awesome idea for the kids! By La Cocina De Leslie – get the recipe.
12. Guacamole Ice Cream Cones – these are adorable! What a way to get kids into a healthy snack! And it’s so simple – literally roll up halved tortillas into a cone shape, secure with toothpick until crisp, then fill with guacamole! Get the recipe.
13. Mexican Lasagna – if you haven’t had this before, then you haven’t lived! Using tortilla instead of lasagna, and easily adaptable if you don’t have the exact ingredients in your pantry. Get the recipe.
14. Cannelloni (or Italian Enchiladas) by Foxes Love Lemons. Mexican meets Italian. Two of my favourite cuisines. So right! Get the recipe.
15. Tortilla Base Pizza by Food and the City. The possibilities are endless. Get the recipe.
16. Moo Shu Pork from recipe.com. Mexican meets Chinese. Oh yes! Get the recipe.
17. Shrimp and Avocado Sushi Rolls from Oprah. Oprah’s always right – right? Get the recipe.
18. Chicken Tortilla Soup by Damn Delicious. Crispy tortillas add an extra za-za-zoom to anything. Get the recipe.
19. Taco Salad in Tortilla Bowl by Two Peas and Their Pod. What kid could resist a salad in an edible bowl? Get the recipe.
20. Cinnamon and Sugar Tortilla Strips from My Recipes. I highly recommend making a triple batch. Get the recipe.
21. Baked Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Bowls from Sweet Little Blue Bird. You can pile anything in these sweet treat bowls! Get the recipe.
22. Coconut Blueberry Parcels from Vonnix. Great base to get creative with! Get the recipe.
23. Burrito Campfire Smores from Fun by Firelight – this is brilliant! Less mess than traditional smores and larger servings! Simply roll up chocolate and marshmallows, wrap with foil and roast over fire until the filling has melted. Get the recipe.
24. Dessert Nachos by Julie’s Eats & Treats. Talk about finishing with a bang!! Sugar and cinnamon sprinkled tortillas baked until crunchy, topped with dessert toppings. Get the recipe.
Have I convinced you yet to keep your pantry well stocked with tortillas at all times???