Discovering breakfast casseroles (stratas) was a revelation. Such a fantastic way to feed a crowd – and many of them are make ahead which is even more convenient! This is a round up of my favourite breakfast casseroles. There is nothing outrageous on this list and they are all really easy to make. Half the list are meat-free recipes.
1. Sausage and Hash Brown Bake from Willow Bird Baking -potato in any form is great. Especially for breakfast. Especially with sausages!
2. Bacon and Potato Breakfast Bake by One Lovely Life – a full breakfast fry up in a baking dish!
3. Tomato and Sausage Breakfast Casserole from the Yellow Table. The juicy slices of tomato balance perfectly with the sausage and cheesy goodness in this bake!
4. Sausage Mushroom Overnight Strata by Wine and Glue. Love that I can prepare this the night before.
5. Ham and Asparagus Strata by I Eat Therefore I Cook – love that this recipe was created using leftovers.
7. Mexican Breakfast Lasagne from Culinary Ginger. Italy meets Mexico for breakfast? Definitely! And what a perfect dish to feed a crowd!
8. Broccoli and Spinach Strata by Eats Well With Others – packed full of greens, this is one strata you won’t need to feel too guilty having seconds of!
9. Butternut Squash and Kale Strata from Delish. Because we need a Kale version of everything, don’t we?
10. Zucchini Strata from Better Homes and Gardens. The recipe has 4 different types of cheese….to be honest, I have never made it with all 4, I normally just use one crumble cheese (like feta) and a good melting cheese. Always worked out perfectly!
11. Southwest Green Chili Strata by Savory Table. Cheesy, gooey goodness with a chill kick – it’ll prepare anyone for the day ahead!