Mushrooms and thyme are best mates. Combine them with balsamic vinegar and it makes an irresistible combination to pile onto toasted bread lightly rubbed with garlic. This makes a great breakfast, light lunch or a perfect appetiser, and it only takes 10 minutes to make.
🍄MUSHROOM LOVE 🍄
- Mushroom Rice and BAKED Mushroom Rice
- The most incredible Mushroom Risotto
- Beef Stroganoff and Chicken Stroganoff
- Salisbury Steak or Chicken with Mushroom Gravy
- Garlic Butter Roasted Mushrooms
- Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms
- A Mushroom Sauce for Everything!
- Browse all Mushroom Recipes
Balsamic Thyme Mushroom Bruschetta
- 400 g / 14 oz mushrooms (I used button, but you can use any mushrooms you want)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Half clove of garlic , unpeeled
- 4 slices bread
- Extra olive oil , for drizzling
- Heat oil in large fry pan/skillet over high heat.
- Slice the mushrooms into 1/4"/0.5cm slices.
- Toss into pan and sauté quickly, about a minute or two.
- Add the balsamic and sprinkle sugar over, then stir for another 30 seconds or so to let the balsamic and sugar caramelise.
- Add thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Toast the bread and rub each piece lightly with garlic.
- Pile on the mushroom and serve immediately, drizzled with extra olive oil (if you want).