Whether you’re cooking for 2 or 20, here’s a collection of my top Thanksgiving recipes to make this year your best ever! Let the feasting begin!!
Thanksgiving Turkey Recipes
Whole turkey or breast? Roasted or slow cooker? I’ve got you covered!
Don’t skimp on sides. Some would argue sides trump the turkey! And everyone loves having choices!
Potatoes, cream, butter and cheese. All the essential (comfort) food groups are right here!
To slather with butter, mop up gravies and clean your plates …
Seasoned rice with golden mushrooms? A holiday spiced Cranberry Rice Pilaf with nuts? Rice sides on the table are a great option because they’re easy to reheat!
With all that turkey and gravy, heavy stuffings and creamy sides, fresh salads provide some welcome balance and cut through all the richness.
Pecan pie? Pumpkin pie? Or for bite size nibbles, how about profiteroles??
Can’t decide? Browse my Easy Thanksgiving Menu suggestions!
How I plan menus
This is my approach to planning menus: The main centrepiece is always the priority. Everything else works around it! The main factor is usually oven availability.
- Dream menu: Choose your dream menu. Forget calories and kitchen logistics!
- Prioritise the items. Turkey trumps salad. Mac and Cheese over roast veg. Cake trumps bread. etc.etc
- Fresh vs make ahead: Figure out which are best made fresh and which can be made ahead without loss of quality.
- Oven & cooking logistics: Determine the cook schedule of the recipes to see if it’s viable based on the cooking appliances you have available on the day. This includes reheating! The main factor for me is always oven availability.
- Adjust menu to work around conflicts. Start with the top priorities, and work the “less important” dishes around them.
- Delegate where possible! Don’t feel guilty about delegating. Your family and friends want to help! (a bit… 😂)
- Balance the menu. Never underestimate the power of great, crunchy, fresh salads!!
- Finalise new menu. Repeat above steps 2 to 7 as required!
Life of Dozer
I really wanted to finish with a decent, cheerful photo of Dozer and I to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving… This is the best I can do. A typical failed selfie attempt, clutching Dozer, squishing his face, trying to get him to look at the camera when the timer starts flashing…!!!
The photo might be ridiculous, but the spirit is there. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!! ~ Nagi & Dozer x
Leave a Comment