Vegetarian Vietnamese Noodle Bowls! You’ll love how crispy and caramelised the tofu is. This is a beautiful, guilt free bowl of fresh delicious. Rice noodles, carrot, lettuce and bean sprouts topped with marinated tofu, drizzled with a sweet, salt and sour Vietnamese noodle sauce. Incredibly healthy with a freshness that only herbs can bring to it.
More Vegetarian versions of popular Asian dishes
- Real Vegetarian Chow Mein
- Dan Dan Noodle Soup (Vegetarian)
- Vegetarian Thai Noodles (Pad See Ew)
- Asian Mushroom Ramen Noodles
- Build your own stir fry using this All Purpose Stir Fry Sauce
- Build your own stir fried Noodles
Vegetarian Vietnamese Noodle Bowl (Vegan)
Tofu and Marinade
- 500 g / 1 lbs firm tofu , sliced into 1/4"/0.5cm slices
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp lime juice (about 1 fresh lime)
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass , white part only, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 1 red birdseye chilli , finely chopped (or adjust quantity to your taste)
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 200 g medium rice stick noodles
- 2 carrots , julienned
- 1 large cucumber julienned (with seeds removed)
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- Handful of mint leaves
- Handful of cilantro/coriander
- Sliced chili (for garnish - optional)
- Combine tofu and marinade ingredients and set aside for 20 minutes or so to let the flavours develop.
- Combine the Nuoc Cham ingredients and mix well to dissolve the sugar. Adjust to your taste (spiciness, lime, sweetness) and set aside.
- Soak the rice stick noodles in hot water for 6 to 8 minutes (see note 2). The noodles are ready when they are "al dente" - still firm to touch. Rinse the noodles under cold water.
- Cook the marinaded tofu over high heat on the stovetop, or it is also great done on a BBQ, until caramelised and slightly crispy on each side.
- To serve - toss together the noodles with the vegetables, place into bowls and top with tofu, then drizzle with sauce.