A Can't-Stop-Eating-It delicious way to serve corn, inspired by the famous Mexican Street corn! I urge you to use fresh corn if you can, but this is still super made with frozen corn. Watch the quick video below to see my mess-free way to cut corn off the the cob! Serves 6 - 8 as a side, leftovers keep well.
1. It's best to use freshly grated parmesan because it dissolves into the dressing easily and quickly. Some store bought parmesan cheese tend to not be finely grated enough to do this.
2. Cotija is a Mexican Cheese which is not available in Australia (to my knowledge). It's like Feta but not as salty. It's just a garnish, so it's not essential.
3. A touch of Chipotle or US Chili Powder would not go astray here. I don't add them because I think this is super tasty as it is, but a little sprinkle mixed through or on top would be lovely.
4. Don't feel obliged to strictly follow the recipe for the add ins. You could use normal onion instead of red (but cut it down a bit because it's sharper) or eschallots, or just use more shallots/scallions. If you are one of those people who cannot stand coriander/cilantro, swap it for parsley. Jalapeño is optional, and you can sub with canned if you prefer. Or even use another spicy fresh chilli!
5. This recipe is not meant to be coated thickly with mayo, like potato salad. Because the mayo and sour cream are added while the corn is hot, they melt and because a dressing. Feel free to increase the amount of mayo and/or sour cream if you want more!
6. Mexican Corn Salad nutrition per serving.