Corn Salad with Avocado
Recipe video above (see how I cut the kernels off!) My favourite corn salad, the one I make most often. Best made with fresh corn but canned is fine too. I love making this with avocado but when it's not available, I use cucumber which adds a great juicy crunch to this. Use lime or lemon for the dressing - both are great!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 2 corn on the cob (or 400g / 14 oz canned corn, drained)
- 1 avocado , cut into large dice
- 200 g / 7 oz cherry tomatoes , halved (or 2 large tomatoes, cut into large dice)
- 2 shallots / scallions , finely sliced or 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped coriander/cilantro (or parsley)
- 2 tbsp lime juice or 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook corn on the cob for 3 minutes. Drain corn, run under cold water to stop cooking further. Once cool to touch, cut corn off the cob. Cool.
Place remaining ingredients in a large bowl, drizzle over lime juice, olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Toss gently, serve.
This recipe was published as the side salad for these Garlic Prawns.
Nutrition per serving, assuming 4 servings.
Serving: 201g | Calories: 253kcal