An authentic Indian spiced ground (minced) beef recipe known as Qeema (or keema or kheema). This is a gem of a recipe because it tastes incredible but unlike many Indian dishes, there are no hard-to-find spices in the ingredients. And it's super fast - on the table in 20 minutes! Recipe very slightly adapted from this Authentic Indian Minced Meat Qeema
by Scrambled Chefs
1. You can reduce the oil to 1 1/2 tablespoons if using a non stick fry pan. I like using the full amount of oil because it makes it nice and juicy!
2. Please note that in America, "Chilli Powder" is not pure ground chilli, it contains other spices like paprika and is not very spicy. This recipe calls for pure ground chilli for spiciness. Cayenne pepper is a great substitute if you don't have pure chilli powder.
3. "Garam Masala" is an Indian spice mix and nowadays, it is available at mainstream supermarkets (in Australia -> Coles, Woolworths, Harris Farms)
4. Leftovers would be FANTASTIC to stuff inside Parathas
which are Indian stuffed flatbreads!
5. I made a quick yoghurt dressed side salad: chopped tomatoes and cucumbers tossed with yoghurt, lemon juice, finely chopped mint (or cilantro/coriander) and salt and pepper.