1. CHICKEN: For this recipe, thigh is the only cut that is suitable because it can withstand the long cook time without drying out.
2. Yoghurt Sauce: Easy quick alternative to hummus. Just mix 1 cup yoghurt with 1 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice to taste, 1/2 garlic clove minced, salt and pepper. Mix, set aside 20 minutes+ for flavours to develop. Sprinkle of cumin also lovely.
3. Tabbouleh: 4 tbsp burghul (bulgur or cracked wheat) soaked in 1/2 cup hot boiled water until softened. Mix with 1 cup finely chopped flatleaf parsley, 1/4 cup finely chopped mint, 3 spring onions finely diced (or 1/2 red onion), 1 car ripe tomato deseeded and diced. Dress with fresh lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. It should be quite tart.
4. MAKE AHEAD/STORAGE: Carve up the chicken, then drizzle over half the pan juices. Cover and refrigerate until required, reheat in microwave for minimum time required just to warm through. Use the rest of the pan juices as required to moisten / add extra flavour onto the chicken.
5. SOURCES: Seasoning is something I created, copying the flavour of the chicken at my local kebab shop! I got the idea to do a "rotisserie" in the oven by propping the skewers up on the pan from this recipe
, and I watched a bunch of videos on You Tube like this one
, and this one
and this one
. Yes, this is truly how I "come up" with homemade version of my favourite foods!
6. Nutrition per serving, assuming 5 servings, chicken only.