Prawn Mango and Avocado Salad with Noodles
This Prawn Mango and Avocado Salad with Noodles is perfect for balmy summer days. Drizzled with a terrific Lime Sweet Chilli Dressing, this is a great no-cook meal! This recipe serves 2 and it is enough for a meal (see Nutrition ones). Recipe VIDEO below.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 90 g / 3 oz dried vermicelli noodles
- 12 - 16 large cooked prawns (shrimp), peeled (enough for 2 people)
- 8 - 10 soft lettuce leaves , about 15 cm /6" rounds (Note 1)
- 1 medium mango , ripe, cut into 1.5 cm / 3/5" pieces (Note 2)
- 1 medium avocado , cut into 1.5 cm / 3/5" pieces (Note 2)
- 1/4 red onion , finely diced
- 2 1/2 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce (store bought)
- 4 tbsp lime juice (or 2 1/2 tsp rice vinegar or cider vinegar)
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove , minced
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped coriander / cilantro
Soak vermicelli noodles in freshly boiled water, per packet directions. Drain then set aside to cool.
Place Dressing ingredients except coriander in a bowl. Whisk well. Stir through coriander. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Place avocado and mango in a bowl. Drizzle over 3 teaspoons of Dressing, GENTLY toss.
Place 4 to 5 lettuce leaves on each plate, overlapping slightly (see video for how I do it).
Divide the noodles between each plate. Then spoon over mango avocado salsa, sprinkle each plate all over with red onion and top with prawns.
Drizzle over remaining Dressing all over everything, including the noodles. Serve immediately.
1. You can use any type of lettuce leaves you want. I like Oak or Butter Lettuce for this recipe because they are soft leaves, rather than crisp, and they create a nice bed for the salad. Both of these are "Living Lettuce" sold at supermarkets here in Australia (i.e. with the roots). You could also serve this on a bed of finely sliced iceberg or cos lettuce, or baby spinach or rocket.
2. AVOCADO + MANGO: Remember, Hass avocados (the almost-black skinned avocados) will go brown after you cut them so don't leave the cut avocado sitting around for too long! Shepherd Avocados (green skinned) don't go brown.
SIZE: You need about 1 - 1 1/4 cup of each mango and avocado, once diced.
3. This recipe is best prepared and served fresh. Don't leave the avocado and mango in the dressing sitting around, it will go soggy. The Dressing can be made up to 2 days in advance.
4. Nutrition per serving. This is actually quite filling - you'll be surprised how much the noodles expand when soaked. It's almost 500g/1 lb per serving - that's a decent size plate!
Serving: 461g | Calories: 590kcal