Chorizo Bites in Sweet & Spicy Sauce
Golden brown chorizo in a sweet and spicy sauce that's so good, your guests will be mopping it up with bread!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time7 mins
Total Time17 mins
Servings: 8 - 10
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tsp ketchup (or Australia/UK tomato sauce)
- 2 tsp+ hot sauce of choice (Franks etc, adj to taste)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar , packed
- 1 garlic clove , finely chopped or minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cornflour / cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water or pineapple juice
- 4 (~600 g / 1.2 lb) chorizo (Note 1)
- 2 tsp oil
- Parsley , for garnish (optional)
- Toothpicks for serving
Cut Chorizo into 8mm / 1/3" thick slices on a slight angle
Mix together Sauce in a bowl.
Mix together Thickener in a small bowl.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add chorizo and cook until golden brown on both sides - around 3 minutes.
Add Sauce and simmer for 3 minutes.
Add Thickener and mix quickly, then simmer for 45 seconds to 1 minute until thickened - see video below recipe.
Transfer to serving bowl. Garnish with parsley if desired and serve with toothpicks.
1. Make sure you use RAW Chorizo which needs to be cooked before consumed, not cured chorizo which is like salami and can be eaten without cooking. Raw chorizo can be purchased over the counter at Woolworths and Coles (in Australia).
2. To make ahead, pour into a container and allow to cool. Then cover and refrigerate until required. Reheat in microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Nutrition per serving, assuming 10 servings.
Serving: 84g | Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.9g | Protein: 14.6g | Fat: 23.9g | Saturated Fat: 8.8g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 837mg | Potassium: 272mg | Sugar: 3.9g | Vitamin C: 4.1mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1.1mg