Poppyseed Salad Dressing
Poppyseed Dressing is so much more than just a creamy dressing with poppyseed in it. The poppyseeds ada a beautiful nutty aroma, and can take an otherwise humble salad to new heights!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 1 cup
- 1 eschalot / French shallot ("shallot" in the US i.e. the small onions), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp poppyseeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder (or 1 tsp mild English mustard, not hot)
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise (can omit, makes it creamier)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil or grapeseed oil
1. My favourite is to use it for Strawberry Salad: Baby spinach, sliced strawberry, feta and toasted nuts, as pictured in the post.
2. I find it too rich for just plain delicate leafy greens (Balsamic, French and Italian are perfect for plain green leaves), so tend to use it for salads with more than just leafy greens, like roasted vegetables. I also love it with salads with apple in it - for some reason, I feel like poppyseed dressing and apple is a perfect match!