NO BAKE Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
Creamy, rich NO BAKE Blueberry Cheesecake Bars! Make these with the blueberry topping as shown in the photos, or opt for the easier option to just stir blueberries through the cheesecake, like you see in the photos for the baked versions. You choose!
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 9 - 16
- 18 Arnott's Marie crackers (150g) or 16 Graham cracker squares (8 full sheets) (Note 1)
- 100 g / 3.5 oz unsalted butter , melted
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 500 g / 32 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup icing sugar / powdered sugar (confectionary sugar)
- 2 cups thickened cream / heavy cream
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extra
- 21/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen) (250g/8oz)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour / cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp butter
Spray a 20cm/9" square tin with oil and line with baking/parchment paper with overhang (so it can be lifted out once cooked).
Place biscuits in a food processor and blitz until fine crumbs form. Add butter and sugar and blitz to combine - it should look like wet sand. (Note 1)
Pour into tin and use something with a flat bottom to press into base.
Beat cream cheese and sugar in a bowl until smooth (I use a stand mixer, can use handheld beater). Add remaining ingredients and beat for 2 minutes or until smooth and fluffy.
Pour Filling into pan, smooth top. Refrigerate for 4 hours. Top with Sauce. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Cut into bars and serve!
Place 1 cup blueberries plus remaining ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to simmer and cook, stirring, until some of the blueberries have burst and the sauce is thickened to a honey consistency - about 5 minutes. Stir through remaining blueberries, cook for 1 minute to soften slightly.
Remove from stove. COOL for 30 minutes before pouring over cheesecake, then refrigerate immediately. It will go jammy so it doesn't drip everywhere when you cut it.
1. This recipe requires 1 1/4 cups of biscuit crumbs, and you can substitute with any plain sweet biscuit.
This step can also be done by placing the biscuits in a ziplock bag and bashing with a rolling pin - very satisfying! Then pour into bowl to mix in butter.
2. This no-bake cheesecake is made without gelatine which means it needs to be served cold / cool otherwise it will start to soften - bordering on melting. So it cannot be left out on hot days.
For a cheesecake to hold it's shape at room temperature, it needs to either be made with gelatine or baked. Refer to the above two options for baked versions of this recipe!
3. Optional to just fold blueberries through the cheesecake instead of making the topping. Using 2 cups of blueberries.