Mini No Bake Nutella Cheesecake
A Oreo biscuit base topped with a mousse-like Nutella Cheesecake. It's so easy to make and it's NO BAKE!
Prep Time20 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 (4.8 oz / 137g) packet oreo cookies (Note 1)
- 3 tbsp / 45 g unsalted butter , melted
- 8 oz / 250 g Philadelphia cream cheese , softened
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp / 240 g Nutella (or hazelnut spread)
- 1/4 cup / 65 ml heavy cream (Note 2)
- 1/2 cup / 30 g icing sugar (confectionary / powdered sugar)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/3 cup / 80 g Nutella (Note 3)
- 3/4 cup / 185 ml heavy cream (Note 2)
- 2 tbsp / 25 g sugar
Line a standard 12 hole muffin tin with paper patties.
Use a food processor or place Oreos in a ziplock bag and bash with a rolling pin to make fine crumbs.
Mix Oreo crumbs with butter. Divide between holes and press firmly to flatten.
Beat cream cheese until smooth. Then beat in icing sugar, Nutella and vanilla extract. Add cream and beat for 2 to 3 minutes or until fluffy like frosting.
Divide mixture between holes. Smooth out top. Refrigerate until firm in muffin tin (Note 5)
Beat cream until starting to thicken, add sugar then beat until soft peaks form. Transfer to piping bag (optional) and pipe / dollop cream on each.
Place Nutella in one corner of a small ziplock bag and microwave for 15 seconds on high. Snip a a tiny hole in one corner of the ziplock bag. Drizzle over cheesecakes. (Note 6)
Serve cool (Note 7)
1. Keep the Oreos whole i.e. leave the filling sandwiched between the cookie in there to make the biscuit base. Oreos can be purchased at Woolworths and Coles in Australia.
If you can't get Oreos, the biscuit base can be made with 1 cup Graham Cracker (14 crackers) or Arnott's Marie cracker (14 pieces) crumbs* + 4 tbsp melted butter + 2 tbsp sugar.
* You will need around 150 - 170g /5.5 - 6 oz of crackers to make 1 cup of crumbs. You can use digestive crackers or any other plain crackers to make the base.
2. Make sure you get heavy whipping cream i.e. the type that can be whipped into cream, not the type that is used as a pouring cream to stir into sauces.
3. Finishing it with a drizzle of Nutella is actually quite important because there is only so much Nutella flavour you can get into the cheesecake without making it more dense or so it does not hold it's shape (without using other tricks!). So to really get Nutella flavour into this, it needs to be finished with a drizzle of Nutella!
4. Use paddle attachment if using stand mixer.
5. Refrigerate for 3 hours+. If you are in a hurry, pop them in the freezer for 30 minutes. When properly chilled, this is how the paper patty comes neatly off the cheesecake.
6. Alternative method: place in a small bowl, microwave for 10 seconds then use a small teaspoon to drizzle. It is just neater using a small piping bag / zip lock bag!
7. These will hold their shape for an hour or so if the room temperature is around 20C/70F or less. Much warmer than this, then I would recommend keeping them in the fridge until serving.
8. Nutrition is per serving assuming all the cream and Nutella is used for the toppings. Start your diet on Monday. Next Monday.
Serving: 86g | Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 34.3g | Protein: 4.2g | Fat: 26.8g | Saturated Fat: 18.1g | Trans Fat: 0.9g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 185mg | Potassium: 175mg | Fiber: 1.9g | Sugar: 26.1g | Vitamin A: 600IU | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 2mg