This is how I make chicken noodle soup when I don't have the time to make a complete homemade stock from scratch. It's in between a super quickie version made using pre-cooked shredded chicken with chicken broth/stock, and the ultimate homemade version by poaching a whole chicken
It's remarkable what a difference browning the chicken and cooking it in broth + water makes to the flavour base. Plus my tip for extra flavour is sautéing dried herbs with the onion!
1. I use bone in, skin on thigh fillets for maximum flavour infusion into the broth. However, you can make this with 1lb/500g skinless thigh fillets (or breast fillets, but that's my 3 choice).
2. I roughly chop the celery and carrots. You can cut them to the size you wish, but do not finely dice them (i.e. mince them) otherwise they will overcook.
3. Egg pasta in Australia is found in the dried pasta aisle and it is about the thickness of fettuccine. You can use any pasta you want, but you will need to adjust the cook time so they don't overcook and become too bloated.
4. Feel free to add other vegetables!
5. If you have leftovers, separate the noodles from the soup otherwise they will become really bloated and mushy overnight.
6. Nutrition per serving, assuming 5 servings. This takes into account the chicken fat that is drained and also the skin that is discarded.