With few clever shortcuts and a bit of multi tasking, you'll get this complete dinner on the table in 15 minutes. The crunchy crumbed chicken is sensational. The secret is mayonnaise which is used to make the panko breadcrumbs stick to the chicken, plus it provides the seasoning.
1. Chicken breast minute steaks are just chicken breast sliced horizontally and pounded slightly into thin steaks about 1cm/1/3" thick. If you can't find it or if you prefer to save on cost, just get chicken breast and slice them yourself. You will need 2 x 200g/7oz chicken breasts, then slice each breast to make 2 minute steaks.
2. Whole egg mayonnaise is one of the types of mayonnaise you can get at the supermarket. It will be written on the label. It is usually no more expensive than ordinary mayonnaise.
3. Panko are breadcrumbs that are slightly larger than normal breadcrumbs. They create a thicker and crunchier crust. If you don't have panko, ordinary breadcrumbs are fine.
4. If you are in Australia, use the brushed potatoes (i.e. the ones with dirt on them) or washed white potatoes you can buy from any supermarket. If you are in the US, use Russet, Yukon gold, or white potatoes.
5. The reason I use a fry pan for this is because it retains heat better than a baking tray so when you put the chicken under the grill/broiler, as the fry pan heats up this helps cook the underside of the chicken.
Make sure you use an oven proof fry pan (i.e.. not one with a plastic handle because it might melt when you put it under the grill/broiler).
6. Some of the panko will probably spill on the fry pan. If you do this step more carefully you probably won't need all the panko specified in the ingredients.
7. Nutrition per serving.