A wonderful dip to impress! It has a beautiful smoked salmon flavour, it's soft and creamy, with a fabulous fresh lemon and dill flavour. Store bought is completely incomparable - typically too hard, too sour and the smoked salmon flavour is barely there plus probably not real because real smoked salmon has a shelf life of only 3 to 5 days once opened! Makes 2 cups. Recipe VIDEO below.
1. These can be substituted with Greek Yoghurt for a slightly lighter version.
2. Hellman's or S&W Whole Egg mayonnaise are my favourite.
3. Storage: Keeps for as long as the shelf life of the salmon (read packet for when it needs to be consumed once opened). After 2+ days, it may need a little freshening up with more lemon. :) It firms up when refrigerated, so bring to room temperature, give it a stir then serve - it should be soft and scoopable (see video).
4. UPDATE: It dawned on me recently that this recipe is similar to a recipe I published years ago called "Easy Posh Smoked Salmon Pots or Dip". Basically, this is the improved version I use now. Since discovering this, I have unpublished the old recipe and diverted it to this one. However, if there is anyone after the original recipe, here it is
5. Nutrition per serving, assuming 10 servings. This recipe makes 2 cups of dip.