Lemon Pepper Pork
A complete meal on the table in just 15 minutes! Made from scratch, so fresh and easy.
- 2 pork cutlets , at room temperature (200g/7oz each, bone in) (see notes)
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper (see notes)
- 2 tbsp olive oil , separated
- 2 zucchinis , sliced
- 1 small red capsicum (bell pepper), sliced
- 1 small red onion (spanish onion), sliced
- 1/2 small lemon
- 1/4 cup mint leaves (loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup boiling water (or chicken or vegetable stock/broth)
- 50 g / 1.5 oz g / 1.5 oz feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges or cheeks , to serve (optional)
Combine couscous and boiling water in a bowl, cover with cling wrap and set aside for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle lemon pepper on both sides of each cutlet and pat to make it stick.
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in fry pan over high heat. Place pork in fry pan and cook the first side for 2 minutes and the second side for 1 1/2 minutes or until cooked to your liking. I like mine medium rare. Remember the pork will continue to cook while resting.
Remove pork from the fry pan onto a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest.
Heat remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in the fry pan still on high heat. Add onion and capsicum and sauté for 1 minute, then add the zucchini. Stir and cook the vegetables until charred and just cooked through. Remove pan from heat.
Fluff up the couscous with a fork. Add the vegetables and mint leaves. Squeeze over a drizzle of lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
Divide couscous between plates, scatter over feta cheese. Top with pork cutlet and drizzle over resting juices. Serve with lemon cheeks or wedges on the side, if using.
1. The pork cutlets I used were about 1.5cm/ 2/3 inches thick. The cooking times assumes that they are at room temperature.
2. You can get Lemon Pepper in the dried herbs and spices aisle in supermarkets. They cost around the same as other herbs and spices.
3. Nutrition per serving.
Serving: 629g | Calories: 662kcal | Carbohydrates: 77.3g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 30.6g | Saturated Fat: 7.5g | Trans Fat: 0.4g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 1039mg | Potassium: 936mg | Fiber: 11.4g | Sugar: 11.2g | Vitamin A: 2800IU | Vitamin C: 185.6mg | Calcium: 200mg | Iron: 4.9mg