Cinnamon Sugar Bread Crust Treats
This is how you get kids - big or small - to eat their bread crusts! Tastes like cinnamon doughnuts - only crunchy and a whole lot healthier!
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 6 cups bread crusts (enough to spread out over 2 baking trays), preferably stale
- 60 g / 2 oz / 2 tbsp butter , melted
- 5 tbsp sugar (separate 1 tbsp)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
Cut crusts into 3cm/1.5" pieces.
Place bread crusts in a large bowl. Drizzle over butter, tossing the bread crusts as you go (with your other hand) to evenly distribute as best as possible.
Sprinkle over 4 tbsp of sugar and cinnamon, and toss through.
Spread out over 2 baking trays.
Bake for 5 to 8 minutes until golden brown and crunchy (check the ones in the middle of the tray). The tray on the top shelf will be ready first. The bottom tray will take a couple of minutes longer.
While hot, sprinkle over the remaining 1 tbsp of sugar (1/2 tbsp over each tray). This is mainly for appearance purpose.
1. Stale bread works better than fresh because it doesn't soak up the butter as much, which means it gets distributed better.
2. This can also be made with leftover bread. Just cut them into sticks around the same size as the bread crusts.
3. Nutrition per serving.
Serving: 38g | Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 19.4g | Protein: 1.5g | Fat: 8.7g | Saturated Fat: 5.3g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 180mg | Potassium: 22mg | Fiber: 0.6g | Sugar: 10.8g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 0.7mg