Better-Than-Dominos Garlic Bread
Recipe video above. Nothing beats homemade garlic bread!! Takeout will never taste as good because the garlic is not fresh so the preservatives give it a sour flavour. For the ultimate Garlic Bread experience, skip the fancy artisan bread and use an economical French stick / baguette with a softish thin crust instead.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1 French stick / baguette , ~ 60cm / 2ft long (Note 1)
- 125 g / 1 US stick unsalted butter , softened
- 2 tsp fresh garlic , minced (~3 - 4 cloves, pack the teaspoon)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp finely chopped parsley (optional)
Preheat oven to 200C/390F.
Cut the French stick in half. Then cut the bread almost all the way through into 2cm / 4/5" thick slices.
Mix together the butter, garlic, salt and parsley. Taste to see if it's salty / garlicky enough for your taste (Note 2).
Smear garlic butter over cut side of bread (Note 2).
Smear remaining butter on the top and sides of the bread.
Wrap each bread in foil.
Bake for 15 minutes until the crust is crispy (check through foil).
Unwrap and serve!
1. Bread - You can make Garlic Bread with any bread you choose. But for a Dominos/Pizza Hut copycat (my favourite!), use a basic bakery French stick / baguette.
French Sticks (baguettes) in Australia is usually around 60 cm / 2 ft long with a diameter of 7 - 9 cm / 2.7 - 3.5".
2. Garlic flavour will reduce slightly once cooked, it's harsh when raw
3. Nutrition per serving.
Calories: 287kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 502mg | Potassium: 61mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 520IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1.5mg