THE FORMULA: Sub the ingredients with whatever you please. Use a total of 2 to 2 1/2 cups of "stuff" for 6 eggs - protein and vegetables combined.
* Protein - your choice of chopped (or small) shrimp, fish, or any ground/mince meat. Use raw - will cook in the cook time.
* Raw non ground/mince chicken, beef etc, cook first then dice and mix into the egg mixture.
* Raw vegetables - For things like chopped leafy Chinese greens, cabbage, grated carrot, just add them raw into the egg mixture.
* Cooked vegetables - For vegetables like onion, capsicum/bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, sliced mushrooms, chop, grate or slice then cook in a little oil and perhaps garlic before mixing into the egg mixture.
Onions - The green onion can be substituted with finely chopped red or white onions, or cooked leeks or brown/yellow onions.
option: mix 3/4 cup water, 1 1/2 tbsp Stir Fry Sauce
, 1/2 tbsp cornflour/cornstarch. Cook per recipe.
2. Soy Sauce: Light or all purpose soy sauce (eg Kikkoman) is fine here. Don't use soy sauce labelled as Dark or sweet soy sauce, or kecap manis.
3. Chinese cooking wine - Mirin is a near perfect sub. Also sub with dry sherry or cooking sake. If you can't consume alcohol, omit it and use low sodium chicken broth instead of water AND reduce soy sauce to 1 tbsp.
4. Shrimp/prawns: Even precooked will be fine. If using frozen, thaw and pat dry before using.
per omelette, including all sauce.