Quick Cheesy Garlic Bread
Recipe video above. The quickest and BEST way to make Cheesy Garlic Bread - just drizzle with melted garlic butter, bake, top with cheese then melt. Perfect shape for dunking into soups and stews, or upgrade any meal!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 8 pieces
- 1 bread loaf approx 30cm/12" long (Note 1)
- 100 g / 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 garlic cloves , minced (~ 3 tsp)
- 2 - 2.5 cups (200 - 250g) mozzarella cheese, grated (Note 2)
- Parsley , for sprinkling (optional)
Preheat oven to 160C/320F.
Mix butter with garlic and salt.
Cut bread in half horizontally.
Drizzle with garlic butter all over - don't miss any patches!
Bake 20 minutes until bread is crispy on the edges.
Crank oven up to 200C/390F. Top with cheese, bake 7 - 10 min until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Sprinkle with parsley if using, cut bread into pieces. Serve immediately as a side for meals, dunking in soups and stews!
1. Bread - I prefer making this with softer bread loaves like Ciabattam Vienna and "normal" bread, rather than sourdough. Flatter (rather than tall) works better (optimal bread to butter ratio!). Works perfectly with sourdough too, I just like the softer bread for this recipe. Personal taste.
2. Cheese - or other melting cheese
3. Variations - This is a method more than exact recipe, so make it your own! Spread with pesto or other antipasto-type spreads eg olive tapenade, add dried herbs, truffle butter or oil, add sprinkle of parmesan.
4. Storage / make ahead - best served fresh. To reheat, wrap in foil and reheat in oven. Assemble by drizzling bread with butter, then wrap and store in fridge until ready to bake.
5. Nutrition per piece.
Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 563mg | Potassium: 20mg | Vitamin A: 400IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 1.5mg