Recipe video above. This will wake you up - AND get you partying! I love having espresso martinis when I need a pick me up at the start of an evening, and for after dinner drinks. USE SCALER to make multiple drinks or for a larger glass.
- 40ml / 1 1/3oz Vodka
- 20ml (2/3 oz) Kahlua
- 20ml (2/3 oz) espresso coffee , cooled
- 3 coffee beans , garnish
Place the vodka, kahlua and espresso in a cocktail shaker with ice.
Shake vigorously 10 times, then pour briskly into a cocktail glass. (Scrape out foam inside if necessary)
Garnish wtih 3 coffee beans and serve immediately.
Recipe source: Absolut Drinks (makers of Absolut vodka(
- Cool the coffee so it doesn't melt the ice = won't dilute drink flavour
- Espresso coffee from a proper coffee machine = nice crema (foam) on coffee = nice foam layer on surface of Espresso Martini
- Can't get foam on Espresso Martini with coffee granules, French Press coffee marker or similar. Need a proper machine!
- No coffee machine? Cheat! Add 1/2 egg white and shake, it will create a gorgeous foam layer but you will not be able to taste it at all!
- Need foam for the coffee beans to float!
Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Sugar: 10g