Celebration Fruit Punch!
Recipe video above! Such a great big-batch cocktail to make for parties with cheerful colours! You’ll love how this is refreshingly sweet with a light fizz, rather than overly fruit-sweet like many fruit punches are. The booze is optional - but speaking frankly, when I make this, I’m always pushing the boundaries to see how much extra booze I can use without being able to taste it!
- 4 cups (1 L / 1 qt) cranberry juice or cranberry pomegranate juice , chilled (NOT light, Note 1)
- 2 cups (500ml) ginger ale , chilled (not ginger beer, Note 2)
- 4 cups (1 L / 1 qt) sparkling apple juice , chilled (non alcoholic, Note 3)
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) white rum (Bacardi) (can omit)
Add Ins (Mix and Match!)
- 1 orange , halved, sliced then halved again
- 1 lemon , small, sliced into rounds
- 1 cup strawberries , halved or quartered
- 3/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- Ice , if desired (be mindful of dilution, consider using no-melt ice cube options)
Pour Fruit Punch ingredients into a large jug, punch bowl or, as I did, trifle dish!!
.Add the fruit in, stir gently (don't agitate too much)
Serve immediately, using a ladle or mug to scoop and serve. To keep fizz alive for longer, best to make this just prior to serving.
1. Cranberry Juice - Use Cranberry juice (like Ocean Spray Cranberry Classic)or Cranberry Pomegranate juice.
DO NOT sub for anything labelled LIGHT or LOW SUGAR or PURE Cranberry Juice as it is VERY sour. If you accidentally buy that, you will probably need to add sugar into the punch. Just mix boiling water with sugar to dissolve, then add into punch until it's to your taste.
2. Ginger Ale - not ginger BEER. Ginger ale is just fizzy water that's flavoured with ginger. Ginger beer is non alcoholic but fermented and has a stronger ginger and spice flavour. It will still be nice with ginger beer - but flavour will be a bit different!
3. Sparkling apple juice - literally just apple juice that's fizzy. Can sub with non alcoholic apple cider, OR alcoholic apple cider (ie hard apple cider).
4. Alcohol - add in as much as you want without being able to taste it too much! Splash of Cointreau also great for hint of orange flavour. Can also sub with vodka.
5. Fruit add ins - just go for colour here! Colourful fruit, then mint for green and also refreshing flavour. Such a great combo of colours.
Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 178mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 46IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg