Honey Garlic Salmon (5 Ingredients, 15 Minutes)
Recipe video above. A terrific way to serve salmon that is just sooooo crazy quick and easy and soooo delicious!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (all purpose or light soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp white vinegar (or sub with any other vinegar except balsamic)
- 1 large garlic clove (or 2 small) , minced
- 2 salmon or trout fillets, skinless (6oz / 200g each)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Sesame seeds
- Finely sliced chives or shallots/scallions
Take salmon out of the fridge 20 minutes before cooking. Pat salmon skin dry with a paper towel and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Whisk together the Sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
Drizzle oil in a non stick fry pan and heat over medium high heat (or just under, if your stove runs hot). Place salmon in the pan, and cook the first side for 3 - 4 minutes until golden. Turn, then cook the other side for 2 - 3 minutes or until golden.
Pour Sauce over salmon. Cook for 1 minute or until it starts to thicken slightly. Check the side of the salmon to tell how cooked through the middle is - I like mine medium rare inside. (Note 1). If Sauce thickens too much before your salmon is cooked to your taste, just add water 1 tbsp at a time.
Remove onto serving plates.
Serve salmon drizzled with Sauce, sprinkled with sesame seeds and chives/shallots, if desired.
1. I tell how cooked a salmon is by eye, looking at the side of the salmon. I like mine to be coral inside (rare to medium rare), not pale pink and fully cooked. You can use a thermometer if you want. Insert it into the thickest part - it should be 120F / 50C for medium rare or 130F / 55C for medium.
Remember, the salmon will keep cooking for a minute after removing from the pan.
2. Nutrition per serving, assuming all the sauce is used, which is may not be (a lot of it remains in the fry pan).
Serving: 271g | Calories: 583kcal