Cheeseburger Party Meatballs
Cheeseburgers in bite size party food form! These are great for making ahead - assemble but don't melt the cheese, then when ready to serve, microwave just to melt the cheese. You probably won't have leftovers, but if you do, stuff them into rolls to make Cheeseburger Meatball subs!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 25 - 30 meatballs
- 500 g / 1 lb beef mince (ground beef)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (or 3/4 cup normal breadcrumbs)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oil
- 6 - 8 processed cheese slices (Note 1)
- Baby gherkins
- Ketchup , to serve
Place Meatball ingredients in a bowl and use your hands to combine.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes (firms up, easier to handle). If in a rush, add more breadcrumbs until mixture is roll-able.
Scoop up heaped tablespoons and dollop onto work surface with the flick of the wrist. Repeat with remaining mixture. Then roll into balls.
Cut cheese into small squares to top each meatball.
Cut larger gherkins in half, lengthwise.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add meatballs in batches and cook, shaking the pan so they roll around, until browned all over and cooked through - 5 minutes. Between batches, drain excess oil (but keep some to cook next batch).
Place cooked meatballs on a large plate that fits in your microwave. Top with cheese and a gherkin and secure with a toothpick.
Microwave for 60 - 90 seconds or until cheese melts. Serve warm with ketchup!
1. I use the "plastic" processed cheese slices that are similar to the cheese you get from fast food burger places, like McDonald's. Just to make this as similar to cheeseburgers as possible!
2. Inspired by a recipe from Taste magazine.
3. Nutrition per meatball. I cannot be held responsible for how many you consume. :-)
Serving: 25g | Calories: 59kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.9g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 2.9g | Saturated Fat: 1.3g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 98mg | Potassium: 74mg | Sugar: 0.5g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 3.1mg