Cheeseburger Party Meatballs! Everything you know and love about cheeseburgers – in bite size finger food form. These are great for making ahead – fully assemble them (even with the toothpicks), pack in containers and reheat for just 90 seconds in the microwave. You’ll be the hit of the party!
It dawned on me the other week that I haven’t shared a fun recipe in quite a while. “Fun” being things like bite size French Toast Bites (have you tried them?? They’re fabulous – and fast!), Mini Potato Gratin Stacks, Mini Pizzas made in Garlic Bread Cups. That sort of thing. Tasty, fun food.
And these Cheeseburger Party Meatballs are the first thing that popped into my mind when I found a packet of beef mince in the fridge. Easy to make. I had everything but the plastic cheeseburger cheese to make it.
So I made them. And inhaled way too many of them in one sitting. ?
These are a real crowd pleaser for gatherings. Who doesn’t love cheeseburgers? Real homemade ones, or even (gasp, shock horror!) McDonald’s Cheeseburgers. Regular readers know that I’ve admitted to doing the drive through of shame on the odd occasion.
I hate myself for liking Maccers. I still remember when I was 7 years old and got hit by a car when I was crossing a road, I was knocked unconscious and when I woke in the hospital and learned that my siblings had been treated to Maccers for dinner, I burst into tears. Never cried from pain / scared being in hospital. Because I had missed out on Maccers. ☺️
If that’s not a sign of a total foodie, I don’t know what is. (Putting aside the fact that it was Maccers I was crying over, not something gourmet or a hearty homemade meal!!).
PS I just have to share this amazing tidbit – if you’re going to have an accident, do what I did and have it 500 meters from a hospital, with my mother in her car right there, and with our family doctor coincidentally in his car at the lights. Not kidding. Truly lucky.?
My Italian Meatballs are one of the most popular recipes on my site – with good reason! They’re extra juicy and extra tasty, with 2 little things I do differently that make all the difference. For those, it is totally worth making the effort to make them extra fabulous. For these Cheeseburger Party Meatballs, I don’t go to such extent. I make them using a mixture like I’m making….well, cheeseburgers. ?
Tip of the day: When making little meatballs like this, a fast way to roll the meatballs is like so:
- Scoop up a heaped tablespoon and dollop onto a work surface with the flick of your wrist. Repeat with remaining mixture – scoop, dollop, scoop, dollop.
- Once it’s all scooped out, then roll them. It’s much faster doing it this way rather than scooping / rolling one by one. ??
I served these Cheeseburger Party Meatballs finger food style. But as you can imagine, they are SO GOOD stuffed into a roll. Cheeseburger meatball sub. Mmmmmm…. – Nagi x
More cocktail food for parties
- Cocktail Meatballs
- Smoked Salmon Stacks
- Spinach Ricotta Rolls or Puffs
- Ham and Cheese Puffs
- Sausage Rolls
- Chorizo Bites in Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Coconut Shrimp / Prawns with Thai Mango Dipping Sauce
- Truly Crispy Baked Wings – or Buffalo Wings
- See all Dip Recipes, all Party Food and the Top 25 Party Foods!
Cheeseburger Party Meatballs
- 500 g / 1 lb beef mince (ground beef)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (or 3/4 cup normal breadcrumbs)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oil
- 6 - 8 processed cheese slices (Note 1)
- Baby gherkins
- Ketchup , to serve
- Place Meatball ingredients in a bowl and use your hands to combine.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes (firms up, easier to handle). If in a rush, add more breadcrumbs until mixture is roll-able.
- Scoop up heaped tablespoons and dollop onto work surface with the flick of the wrist. Repeat with remaining mixture. Then roll into balls.
- Cut cheese into small squares to top each meatball.
- Cut larger gherkins in half, lengthwise.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add meatballs in batches and cook, shaking the pan so they roll around, until browned all over and cooked through - 5 minutes. Between batches, drain excess oil (but keep some to cook next batch).
- Place cooked meatballs on a large plate that fits in your microwave. Top with cheese and a gherkin and secure with a toothpick.
- Microwave for 60 - 90 seconds or until cheese melts. Serve warm with ketchup!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
Quick little video recipe, including my tip for how to roll meatballs quickly. 🙂
LIFE OF DOZER
Woah! Mate, you’re WAY to close to those meatballs – back off!!!