Easiest Ever Raspberry Jam Bars
My Raspberry Jam Bars are ridiculously easy to make, and faster than most recipes because it uses melted butter rather than creaming it or rubbing it into the flour. These bars have an oatmeal biscuit base and crumbly oatmeal topping with raspberry jam sandwiched in the middle. Use whatever jam you want!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 125 g / 1 stick unsalted butter , melted
- 1 1/2 cups / 225g plain flour (all purpose flour)
- 1 1/2 cups / 135g rolled oats (traditional oats, not quick, instant or steel cut)
- 1/2 cup / 110g brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup raspberry jam (or other flavour of choice)
Preheat oven to 180C/350 (fan forced). (Note 1)
Spray a 20cm/9" square tin with oil and line with baking/parchment paper with overhang (so it can be lifted out once cooked).
Mix together butter, flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt until you can no longer see white bits of flour. Add egg and mix.
Place 2 1/2 cups of the mixture in the tin and press into base. Spread with jam (Note 2), then use your hands to crumble the remaining mixture over the top (Note 3).
Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until the top is deep golden. Remove and allow to cool in the tin before lifting out of the tin using the baking paper.
Cut into squares. Serve at room temperature. Store in airtight container.
1. If you have a standard oven that is not fan forced / convection (i.e. no fan inside the oven), then it will take around 40 minutes to bake. Go by the color of the top - it should be a deep golden brown.
2. If your jam is not soft and easy to spread, pop it in the microwave for 1 minute to soften.
3. The mixture will be a bit clumped together so use your fingers to crumble it onto the top. The better you crumble it, the softer the top will be once baked so when you bite into it, it doesn't press down and make the jam ooze out (not that that's such a bad thing!!!)
4. Optional extra: 1/2 cup of chopped nuts into the biscuit mixture.
5. Nutrition per slice, assuming 16 slices. But I cut them into 9 for the photos!
Serving: 54g | Calories: 216kcal | Carbohydrates: 35.8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7.2g | Saturated Fat: 4.2g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 52mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 1.1g | Sugar: 15.8g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1.1mg