1. Chicken - If using breast, use 2 and either slice horizontally to form 4 "steaks" in total or chop into bite size pieces. If using tenderloin, use whole or chop. If cut into bite size pieces, still follow the recipe. ie brown then remove, then return into pan.
2. Flour - Any wheat flour is fine here, I use plain white flour (all purpose). Or use 1 tbsp cornstarch / cornflour mixed with 1 tbsp water (makes it Gluten Free), mix those together then add that in with the beef broth.
3. Serving - I like serving this with pasta. It's also great with mashed potato, rice, polenta - anything that's suitable to slop up all that gravy!
4. Fat reduction - use low fat sour cream and reduce butter to 2 tbsp, and use a non stick pan. Mixture will seem drier once you add flour but don't worry!
5. Nutrition per serving, excluding noodles.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 9g56%
Vitamin A 280IU6%
Vitamin C 3.1mg4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.