A unique way to add greens into a menu that is super easy to make and requires a grand total of 5 seconds of chopping!
Is it just me who thinks that iceberg lettuce wedges is a great and unique salad for a menu?
OK, so truth be told, it’s not just about making something different. It’s because this is a virtually no chop salad. 🙂
Make the ranch dressing ahead. Then it takes 5 seconds to chop and iceberg lettuce up. And voila! Salad is served!
I know the civilised way is to eat this with a knife and fork. But to be honest, I enjoy eating this with my hands. Peel off each layer of lettuce with pools of dressing in it and use my hands to nibble on it. Ladylike it is not. But it sure is enjoyable!
I made these plain but I do like to add crumbled cooked bacon it too. Classic combination!
This is a great salad to serve for those occasions when you are pressed for time. Think Christmas and Thanksgiving when you have more important things to concentrate on than the salad sides! 😉 – Nagi x
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup whole egg mayonnaise (if using normal, omit the lemon juice)
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp dried dill
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- ½ tsp table salt
- Black pepper
- 1 iceberg lettuce, cut into 6 - 8 wedges
- Chives, finely chopped (optional)
- Combine the Ranch Dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Transfer to a jug and refrigerate until required.
- To serve, place the iceberg wedges onto a plate with the dressing on the side.