My top 10 chicken mince recipes! Chicken Mince (ground chicken) is the white meat, leaner alternative to beef mince. Basically, anything you make with beef mince you can make with chicken mince. Rissoles, burgers, meatballs, meatloaf.
This list includes recipes that are made with chicken mince PLUS other recipes where you can do a direct substitute using chicken mince instead of beef, pork or lamb mince. Chicken koftas, anyone??
10 Best Chicken Mince Recipes
1. Chicken Burgers
Chicken burgers can be so bland and boring. Not these! You’ll love how these burger patties are juicy on the inside with crispy golden edges.
Ingredients: chicken mince, breadcrumbs, egg, parmesan, green onion (or similar), garlic, dried sage (subs available), buns and toppings (avocado, cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayo or ketchup)
2. San Choy Bow – Chinese Lettuce Wraps
One of my favourite starters at Chinese restaurants, also makes a great meal! The secret to this is the sauce. Get that right, and you can literally use anything to make the filling.
Ingredients: chicken or pork mince, cornflour/cornstarch, light soy, dark soy, oyster sauce, sesame oil, Chinese cooking wine*, fresh garlic and ginger, onion, carrot, canned water chestnuts and baby corn, mushrooms, lettuce leaves, peanuts, green onion
3. Cheesy Chicken Patties with Broccoli
Crispy on the outside, cheesy and juicy on the inside, can you believe these are BAKED not fried??
Ingredients: chicken or pork, garlic, egg, breadcrumbs, broccoli, green onions, mozzarella, oil spray
4. Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Everything you know and love about Teriyaki Chicken, in the form of little golden balls. This is based on my mother’s Teriyaki sauce recipe, coming to you from Tokyo!
Ingredients: chicken or pork, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic, cooking sake* Sauce: cornflour/cornstarch, soy, cooking sake*, Mirin, sugar
5. Chicken Meatballs and Spaghetti
Ingredients – meatballs: chicken or pork mince, onion, breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic, parsley, egg, oil spray. Sauce – garlic, onion, canned tomato, basil leaves or dried herbs Serving – pasta, parmesan
6. Thai Meatballs
The reader feedback on these is astounding! Baked not fried – for convenience, healthier, and they stay nice and round!
Ingredients: chicken or pork, onion, lemongrass, fresh garlic and ginger, kaffir lime leaves, fresh chilli, coriander/cilantro, fish sauce, breadcrumbs, egg, oil spray, sweet chilli sauce (for serving)
7. Chicken Meatloaf – Wellington Style!
Think meatloaf is boring? Think again! Terrific pops of flavour from sun dried tomato and fresh basil, all bundled up in a big chicken meatloaf wrapped in puff pastry. It’s like meatloaf and a beef Wellington had a baby!
Ingredients: chicken or pork, parmesan, onion, garlic, egg, basil, sun dried tomatoes, breadcrumbs, puff pastry
8. Thai Lettuce Wraps
Crispy lettuce bundled around a tasty lemongrass and garlic flavoured Thai filling. No lettuce? Use mini tortillas, flatbreads, piled over rice OR make a Thai Chicken Salad!
Ingredients: chicken or pork, onion, fresh mint and coriander/cilantro, fresh chilli, lemongrass, garlic, ginger, sugar, lime, fish sauce, cornflour/cornstarch, lettuce, peanuts
9. Spicy Thai Chicken Stir Fry
A super tasty, easy Thai stir fry with a nice kick of heat! Love using mince for stir fries – no chopping!
Ingredients: chicken or pork, light soy, dark soy, fish sauce, oyster sauce, fresh chilli, garlic, onion, green onions, coriander/cilantro
10. Cashew Chicken Meatballs
I love the combination of flavours in Cashew Chicken – tender chicken with cashews and capsicum/peppers, smothered in plenty of tasty Chinese brown sauce. So it was inevitable that a meatball version would eventuate!
Ingredients: chicken or pork, soy, Chinese cooking wine*, oyster sauce, sesame oil, cornflour/cornstarch, garlic, egg, breadcrumbs, onion, capsicum/bell peppers, cashews
Make these with chicken mince!
Use chicken mince as a direct substate in any beef mince recipe! The only thing to be mindful of is that chicken mince can be wetter than beef so in the case of recipes where you need to form balls or patties (like rissoles) just add a touch more breadcrumbs until you can shape the mixture.
Browse the beef mince recipe collection for chicken mince recipe ideas!
Cheesy Chicken Mince Fritters
Just in case today is one of those day’s when it’s just all too hard to make a decision, here is one of my favourite chicken mince recipe – Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Fritters. These chicken patties are BAKED rather than fried – less mess to clean up, and you can cook all of them in one go. Yet, they’re still fabulously golden on the outside, and juicy on the inside!
Enjoy! – Nagi x
Cheesy Chicken Mince Fritters with Broccoli
- 500 g / 1 lb chicken mince (ground chicken) , or turkey or pork (Note 1)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 packed cups broccoli , soft cooked & finely chopped (1 head)(Note 2)
- ¾ cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups shredded mozzarella (or other cheese of choice)
- 3/4 tsp salt (reduce to 1/2 tsp if using a flavoured cheese)(Note 3)
- Black pepper
- Oil spray
Yoghurt Ranch Sauce (optional):
- 2/3 cup plain yoghurt
- 1/8 tsp EACH dried dill, parsley and chives
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- 1 - 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon juice, optional
- Preheat oven to 200C/390F. Line a baking tray with baking paper (or spray with oil).
- Place Fritter ingredients in a bowl, mix to combine.
- Measure out about ¼ cup of mixture and pat into fritter shapes about 6 cm / 2.25" wide, 1cm / 2/5" thick (they shrink a bit and become thicker).
- Place on tray. Spray the top (generously) with oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip, spray with oil again then bake for a further 8 - 10 minutes until golden on top. Serve immediately with Sauce.
- Sauce: Mix ingredients together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside for 20+ minutes.