Get your chopsticks ready!! With caramelised beef, a tangle of noodles, and a sweet savoury 4 ingredient sauce, these Asian Beef Ramen Noodles are totally slurp-worthy!
A terrific economical beef mince recipe, prepare to be amazed at how quick and easy this flavour packed ramen noodle recipe is! Are you ready??
Now available: Chicken Vegetable Ramen Noodles!
ASIAN BEEF RAMEN NOODLES recipe – spin on a reader favourite!
I’ve previously shared stories where Dozer has been randomly recognised on the streets by readers (ah, it makes me proud!) and the odd occasion when I’ve been recognised. Always in a state of disarray. I am waiting for the time it happens when I just happen to be dolled up for an evening out.🤞🏼
Well, when 3 total strangers within the space of 2 weeks tell you that these Asian Beef Bowls are one of their favourites because it’s so tasty yet quick ‘n easy, it triggered a thought – why not do a ramen noodle version??
So the thought came to life.
That caramelised ground beef / mince is just da bomb! I just want to pick it all out!!! (Seriously, who talks like that at my age??🙄)
I hinted at a cheeky little tip that makes this ramen noodles recipe even quicker than you’d expect – and here it is:
How to make Ramen Noodles – in ONE POT!
Yes that’s right, these Asian Beef Ramen Noodles are made in ONE POT!!! Sure it saves on washing up an extra pot to cook the noodles separately, but for this recipe, the more important factor is that the starch in the noodles acts as the thickener for the sauce (which has no cornflour/cornstarch or other thickener).
So here’s how this recipe goes down – 4 minutes for the onion and beef, 2 to 3 minutes for the noodles, MAX!
- Cook the beef with the sauce first – get it real nicely caramelised because it’s key to the flavour in this recipe;
- Make a well in the centre, add water, plonk uncooked instant or ramen noodles in the water. This serves two purposes – making room for the noodles to sit in the water AND protects the beef from losing their caramelisation by boiling in the water;
- After 45 seconds, turn the noodles, then 30 seconds later, they will be loose enough to toss through the sauce and beef;
- Add a big handful of beansprouts (great no-chop veggie option!), toss more then serve;
- By the time the ramen noodles are cooked, the liquid is absorbed / evaporated, leaving behind a nice coating of sauce on the perfectly cooked noodles.
The beauty of this technique is that it HAS to be a super quick recipe because the noodles are cooked in 2 to 3 minutes. Any longer and they become too soft!
Ramen Noodles OR Instant Noodles
I don’t know if you’ve got a hang up about instant noodles – whether from excess consumption in your uni days or because of health concerns – but let’s just say this recipe is a far cry from the plonk-in-water-add-veg that you probably overdosed on.
What I’m making the most of here in this recipe is the quick-cook noodles and the shape of the noodles cakes (flat) so they can be cooked in a shallow skillet.
Any instant noodles or ramen noodles will work just fine because we discard the soup seasoning mix. You can also buy just the noodle cakes (no seasoning) in larger packs of 5+.
If you don’t have instant noodles (or you really can’t get past your dorm days), these Asian Beef Ramen Noodles will work just fine with any other type of noodles. Dried or fresh, rice or wheat / egg noodles.
But honestly, I ask you – does this look like any instant ramen noodles you had in your dorm days?? 😉 – Nagi x
Got beef mince? You can do better than Spag Bol.
See all ground beef / beef mince recipes (yes, Spag Bol is there….)
- Chow Mein – reader fave!
- Pad Thai and Pad See Ew – reader faves! 😂
- Singapore Noodles
- Char Kway Teow – epic street hawker food
- See all Noodle Recipes
And the Ramen Noodle recipe collection
- Caramelised Asian Mushroom Ramen Noodles – caramelised mushrooms tossed through ramen noodles in a sweet savoury Asian sauce
- One Pot Chicken and Vegetable Ramen Noodles – loads of hidden veggies!
- Quick Asian Beef Ramen Noodles – this recipe
- Ramen Noodle Salad with Creamy Sesame Peanut Dressing – terrific for work lunchboxes
- Chow Mein Ramen Noodles – the faster way to make Chow Mein
QUICK ASIAN GROUND BEEF RAMEN NOODLES
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
Quick Asian Beef Ramen Noodles
- 2 packets ramen or other instant noodles , discard seasoning (Note 1)
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil (or more oil) (Note 2)
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 onion , sliced
- 200g / 7oz beef mince (ground beef) (Note 3)
- 1 1/4 cups (315 ml) water, plus more as needed
- Big handful bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce (Note 4)
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce (or Hoisin, Note 5)
- 2 tsp Hoisin sauce (or more Oyster sauce)
- 1 tbsp mirin (Note 6)
- Finely sliced green onion / shallots
- Sesame seeds
- Mix Sauce.
- Heat oils in a medium skillet over high heat. Add onion and garlic, cook for 1 1/2 minutes until starting to go golden.
- Add beef and cook, breaking it up as you go, until it changes from pink to light brown.
- Add Sauce and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until well caramelised (see video).
- Push beef to the side to make enough space for the noodles. Add water, place noodles in water.
- Leave for 45 seconds then turn.
- Leave for 30 seconds, then untangle the noodles, then toss through the beef.
- Add beansprouts, toss for 1 minute until sauce reduces to coat the noodles and the noodles are cooked. (Note 7)
- Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds.
LIFE OF DOZER
I’ve been trying to move him onto a paleo diet ie no commercial dog food. Currently experimenting to see what he will and won’t eat.
Raw sardines falls into the Won’t Eat bucket. 🙄