Express sweet treats made using tortillas! Invented when a friend dropped by unexpectedly just when my mid-afternoon sugar craving hit me. I didn’t even bother melting the butter, I just slathered it on with a knife like I was buttering a piece of toast, sprinkled sugar and cinnamon, then baked them for a mere 5 minutes. YUM!
These store well for a couple of days in an airtight container. The nutritional information below shows that each piece only contains 9 calories….however, this is somewhat misleading given you won’t be able to stop at one!
Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Crisps
- 3 tortillas
- 2 tbsp butter , spreadable
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Spread butter onto each tortilla, like you are buttering toast. Alternatively, melt the butter and brush onto tortillas.
- Sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar.
- Stack the tortillas, then cut into strips, or triangles.
- Spread in a single layer on a baking tray (3 tortillas should almost perfectly fit).
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Eat warm or at room temperature.
I cut these but cutting each tortilla into 6 strips (lengthwise), then the outer strips into 2 and all other strips into 3, this makes 16 pieces per tortilla. 2. Nutrition per piece.