Ever thought to make Grilled Garlic Bread on the BBQ?? It’s everything you know and love about garlic bread, with a hint of smokey goodness! Simple to make, but there’s one little essential trick to avoid a disaster…..
Grilled Garlic Bread
When I’m BBQ-ing, I’m all in.
Which means I like to cook every dish on the BBQ.
No running back and forth between the BBQ and the oven indoors! Everything is cooked on the BBQ, or it’s no-cook things like salads. 🙂
Thus – sides. Important to have a good arsenal of great side dishes for the BBQ! And there’s no question about what tops the list:
GRILLED GARLIC BREAD.
How to cook Garlic Bread on the BBQ
The idea of making garlic bread on the BBQ might sound simple enough. Mix up softened butter with garlic, slather generously on bread and plonk on the BBQ.
Problem is, all that butter melts and causes flare ups, resulting in burnt garlic bread not to mention you’ve lost most of the garlic butter!
So here’s my big secret tip: use MELTED garlic infused butter instead of softened butter:
- Spoon half the garlic butter onto the bread to soak in. Enough to soak in, but not so much that it drips out when it hits the BBQ
- grill it cut face down to make the bread crispy
- flip, then brush / spoon over the remaining garlic butter
- once underside is crispy, cut and serve!
What to serve with Grilled Garlic Bread
With anything and everything GRILLED!!! Here’s a few suggestions to get you inspired – it’s GRILLING WEEK here on RecipeTin Eats – a week when I’m sharing a grilling recipe a day for a BBQ Feast!
So far, I’ve shared:
- Epic CRISPY Grilled Shrimp/Prawns with Lemon Garlic Butter
- This Grilled Garlic Bread
- Marinated BBQ Vegetables – the most incredible way to cook veggies on the BBQ!
At the end of Grilling Week, I’ll do a post summarising the BBQ Menu that’s previewed in the above video. 🙂
In the meantime, one more little look at this Grilled Garlic Bread I’m totally obsessed with! – Nagi x
Watch how to make it
Grilled Garlic Bread
- 1 bread loaf , fairly flat (rather than a tall loaf, Note 1)
- 125 g / 1 stick salted butter (or unsalted + 3/4 tsp salt)
- 3 garlic cloves , very finely chopped (do not use crusher or jar, Note 2)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley , optional
- Preheat BBQ to medium high.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and salt, stir until garlic is LIGHT golden and salt is dissolved.
- Immediately remove from heat, set aside for for few minutes to let garlic infuse into butter.
- Split the bread in half lengthwise. Or use thick individual slices of bread.
- Spoon just over half the butter onto the cut face of the bread, avoiding the garlic bits. Brush a bit of butter on the other side.
- Place bread cut face down and cook for 3 - 5 minutes or until you have crusty edges, then flip.
- Brush away any burnt garlic bits, then baste on the remaining garlic butter. Garlic bits are mainly for flavour infusion but feel free to put them on too, great texture!
- Once underside is crusty (3 min or so), remove, sprinkle with parsley, cut and serve!
Life of Dozer
He’s been LOVING all the food being cooked on the BBQ for Grilling Week!!