A mighty Salmon Salad that’s as good for you as it is delicious! With a modern Asian spin, you’ll love the combination of flavours of ingredients in this – avocado, edamame, tomato, cucumber and golden seared salmon drizzled with a fabulous Asian Ginger Sesame Dressing!
Salmon Salad that tastes even BETTER than it looks!
Regular readers know that my website is dominated by Brown Foods. Think – curries, stews, gravies, roasts.
Brown, brown, brown!
Delish, delish, delish! ?
I simply share the food I truly love. I don’t share food because it photographs well ….though I really do try to pimp up all my brown foods with a teeny sprinkle of parsley!!
So sharing something as colourful and vibrant looking as this Salmon Salad is a real treat. Healthy food that’s UNBELIEVABLY DELISH!
This is a great salad for entertaining all year round!
What you need for Salmon Salad
Here’s what goes in the Salmon Salad. Feel free to switch out the salad items to what you have / like!
Edamame are soybeans, an Asian ingredient that has become kind of trendy nowadays! It tastes kind of like peas – and has a similar texture too – and it’s served in the pod at Japanese and modern Asian restaurants as a starter to nibble, and often appears in modern Asian salads and things like Poke bowls.
Salmon Salad Dressing
I use an Asian Ginger Sesame Dressing for this salmon salad. It adds a ton of flavour PLUS you get the added bonus of less oil – Asian dressings usually have a lower ratio of oil to vinegar compared to Western dressings.
Olive oil might sound like a strange ingredient for an Asian dressing, but you can’t taste it and I prefer using olive oil where I can because it’s better for you than vegetable oil and other usual cooking oils. But you can really use any neutral flavoured oil you want.
You’ll love this Salmon Salad for the variety of flavours and textures, the golden seared salmon that’s perfectly cooked on the inside, and that wickedly delicious Asian Ginger Sesame Dressing that can make any salad taste fabulous!
You’ll also love that this truly is one of those salads that will keep you satisfied – the salmon, edamame and soy beans add bulk and keep you full.
I think this is a great salad to serve to guests because it looks so fabulous – but it also delivers in the flavour department as well. It’s not just a pretty face! ? – Nagi x
More Salads That Look as Good as They Taste
- Apple Salad with Candied Walnuts and Cranberries
- Strawberry Salad with Avocado
- Wild Rice Salad
- Prawn Mango Avocado Summer Salad
- Browse all Meal Size Salads or Side Salads
Watch how to make it
Salmon Salad with Asian Ginger Sesame Dressing
- 3 - 4 salmon fillets , skinless
- 3/4 tsp salt and pepper , each
- 1 tbsp oil
- 250g / 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes , halved
- 2 cucumber , sliced (or 1 English/telegraph long cucumber)
- 1 large avocado , cut into 1.5cm / 2/3" pieces
- 6 red radish , sliced
- 150g / 5 oz leafy crisp lettuce of choice (6 big handfuls)
- 1 cup edamame , cooked per packet (Note 1)
- 1 green onion , finely sliced on diagonal
- 1/4 cup crispy fried shallots (Note 2)
Asian Ginger Sesame Dressing:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (light or all purpose)
- 2 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar (aka rice wine vinegar Note 3)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (toasted, Note 4)
- 3 tbsp olive oil (or other neutral flavoured oil)
- 1.5 tsp sugar , any type
- 2 tsp fresh ginger , grated
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Place Dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- Sprinkle both sides of salmon with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a non stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Place salmon in upside down (ie skin side up), cook for 3 minutes or until deep golden.
- Turn and cook for another 2 - 3 minutes, or until cooked to your taste.
- Remove onto plate and cool for 5 minutes.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Drizzle with a bit of dressing and toss.
- Place lettuce in a large serving bowl (or individual plates). Top with salmon, then place tomato, cucumber, avocado, edamame and radish in piles around it.
- Sprinkle with green onion and crispy shallots.
- Just prior to serving, drizzle all over with remaining Dressing.
Life of Dozer
Today at the park – READY, SET….
eer… EAT??! ?