* Skip corn for vegetable quesadillas, it's already in the filling.
1. Cheese options: Monterey Jack was my favourite but it's now hard to find in Australia so I use Cheddar, Tasty or Colby. Any melting cheese of choice is fine here.
2. Other Proteins: Use the Beef Filling recipe for ground/mince pork, turkey, veal or chicken. Use the Chicken Filling recipe for thin steaks or pork, beef, turkey or veal. The juicier the cut, the better.
3. General notes:
* Makes 6 generously stuffed or 8 normal quesadillas
* Cool Fillings before assembling tortillas = crispier
* Freezer option: Assemble quesadillas then freeze before cooking. Wrap in cling wrap then place in ziplock bags or airtight containers. Thaw then cook per recipe. Can microwave 40 seconds or so to thaw.
* Bake option (can make loads in one go): Follow directions in this Chicken Baked Quesadillas
* Can also make flattish burritos, wrap in foil then bake until crispy (about 30 minutes at 180C/350F). These can also be frozen, thaw before cooking.
4. Nutrition per chicken quesadilla, assuming 8 servings. Lean beef quesadillas are 469 calories each, and vegetable is 357 calories.