A quick, fresh Avocado Sauce for dipping, dolloping and scooping!
Terrific as a dip for chips or vegetable sticks, as a sauce for all things Mexican including quesadillas, burritos, nachos, and tacos.
It pairs really well with Mexican food because it’s got a lovely bright flavour which tempers the bold flavours of Mexican food – and of course is reminiscent of our ever favourite Guacamole!
Made with avocado, sour cream or yoghurt, lemon or lime, coriander/cilantro, garlic and olive oil, I describe it as fresh and bright but it’s also got the natural rich creaminess from avocados.
How to serve Avocado Sauce
Dipping sauce for Quesadillas
With crackers, chips or veggie sticks
Dipping/dolloping for all things Mexican
Quick and easy to make with the aide of your food processor, the other benefit of this Avocado Sauce is that it stays green for days and days! Pictured below on Day 3, and it’s just as green and fresh tasting as it was on Day 1.
Enjoy! – Nagi x
Watch how to make it
- 1 large , ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup sour cream or yoghurt
- 1/2 small clove of garlic
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 - 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup (packed) coriander / cilantro, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor, blend until very smooth. Use water to adjust consistency as required.
- Adjust lemon or lime as required. Should have a bit of tang if intended to be paired with rich, bold flavoured food like Mexican food.
- Keeps for 4 days in an airtight container - and stays green!
Life of Dozer
That time I tried to teach Dozer to hold a flower in mouth just because it would be so cute…..