This is a super easy, fresh and authentic Restaurant Style Salsa, the perfect consistency for scooping up with corn chips. It takes minutes to whizz together (or make it in a mortar and pestle). So much cheaper, healthier and tastier than store bought!
Restaurant Style Salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (white, brown or yellow)
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped jalapeño pepper (fresh or canned)
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Couple of grind of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tbsp lime juice (fresh)
- 2 tbsp chipotles in adobo (for spiciness, optional)
- 1/4 cup (packed) roughly chopped coriander
- 400g / 14 oz can crushed tomato
- Place half the can of tomatoes into a small food processor or blender.
- Add all the other ingredients except the coriander.
- Whizz until smooth.
- Add the coriander and remaining half tin of tomatoes.
- Whizz until desired consistency (I like mine to have a few chunks rather than being a complete puree, hence adding the tomatoes in 2 separate lots)
- Adjust to your taste with extra salt and lime juice.