This is the ultimate healthy homemade granola guide! Mix and match, build your own granola by using the ingredients you like and have on hand. Save this photo on your iPhone or iPad (or email it to yourself), then file it away in your RecipeTin App so you always have it in your back pocket!
- Dry Ingredients
- 4 cups oats
- 1 cup coconut flakes (or more nuts or oats)
- 1 cup raw nuts (eg. sliced almonds, chopped pecans, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds)
- ½ cup dried fruit (eg. chopped apricots, apple, pineapple, raisins)
- 1 tbsp your favourite spice (eg. cinnamon, pumpkin spice, gingerbread mix)
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ cup sweetener (eg. brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, agave)
- ¼ cup fat (eg. melted butter, canola oil or coconut oil)
- 1½ tsp flavouring (eg. vanilla, almond essence, orange blossom)
- Preheat oven to 300F/150C.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine wet ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Spread on baking tray and bake until golden, approximately 30 minutes.
- Stir once to break up chunks if you want it loose. If you want it in chunks (great for snacking), do not stir.