This is the ultimate healthy homemade granola guide! Mix and match, build your own granola by using the ingredients you like and have on hand.
- Dry Ingredients
- 4 cups oats
- 1 cup coconut flakes (or more nuts or oats)
- 1 cup raw nuts (eg. sliced almonds, chopped pecans, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds)
- ½ cup dried fruit (eg. chopped apricots, apple, pineapple, raisins)
- 1 tbsp your favourite spice (eg. cinnamon, pumpkin spice, gingerbread mix)
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ cup sweetener (eg. brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, agave)
- ¼ cup fat (eg. melted butter, canola oil or coconut oil)
- 1½ tsp flavouring (eg. vanilla, almond essence, orange blossom)
- Preheat oven to 300F/150C.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine wet ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Spread on baking tray and bake until golden, approximately 30 minutes.
- Stir once to break up chunks if you want it loose. If you want it in chunks (great for snacking), do not stir.