Quick chicken thigh recipes are midweek lifesavers, and this is one of my gold nuggets! With a crispy, garlic crusted surface, juicy insides and a garlic butter sauce, this recipe only calls for 5 simple ingredients and 12 minutes of your time. It’s almost unbelievable how outrageously delicious such an effortless recipe can be!
There’s one key thing about this recipe that distinguishes it from most quick and easy chicken thigh recipes:
CRISPY, GARLICKY CHICKEN THIGHS
Crispy crust? With skinless chicken thighs?
YES YOU CAN!
Here’s the secret: garlic powder, salt and pepper sprinkled on the chicken thighs. Cook on a relatively low heat = deep golden, crispy crust with terrific savoury garlic flavour.
And not only do you get all the pleasure of devouring that garlicky crispy crust, the brown bits in the pan from the searing* is the base for an incredible pan sauce that takes 1 1/2 minutes to make.
Oh wait. Maybe 2 minutes. 🤔 Forgive me if I get the time wrong by 30 seconds.😂
* The official word for the gold stuff in pans is fond.
CHICKEN THIGHS, ALL THE WAY!
I’m pretty sure chicken breast is the most popular cut of chicken here in Australia – and probably many western countries.
Yes breast is leaner – just marginally. Does it surprise you to know that 100g/3.5oz chicken thighs only has 2 teeny tiny grams more fat than breast? 2 grams is nothing for all the extra flavour and juiciness you get from chicken thighs!
In all honesty, when it comes to stress free quick and easy meals with chicken, go chicken thighs all the way. It’s juicier so easier to cook, less prone to drying out because you overcooked it by 90 seconds, can be cooked with less oil and it has better flavour than breast. 🙂
There are very few recipes in this world that are truly made from scratch that call for such few ingredients, are seriously quick and easy, don’t call for a tub of butter and cream, are economical and yet so lip smackingly delicious, you’d proudly serve this up for company.
This Garlic Chicken Thighs recipe makes the cut.
No false promises here. In fact, not 6 hours ago, it passed the test of the 2 toughest taste testers I know – my mother and brother.
No one in the RecipeTin family holds back punches when it comes to “constructive criticism” about food. Always supportive and kind. But very truthful.
Mind you, it’s a 2 way street – I give it as good as I get.😂
This one passed with flying colours. 🙌🏻🙌🏻 – Nagi x
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
Crispy Garlic Chicken Thighs
- 700 g / 1.2 lb skinless boneless chicken thighs (5 to 6)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml dry white wine (or broth or water)
- 25 g / 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large garlic cloves , minced
- Finely chopped parsley , optional
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in skillet smooth side down.
- Press down lightly with with spatula. Cook for 5 minutes until deep golden and crispy.
- Turn and press lightly with spatula. Cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and butter, cook for 1 minute until garlic is light golden and it smells amazing.
- Add wine, then turn up heat. Stir around the chicken to dissolve golden bits stuck on the skillet into the wine. Simmer rapidly for 1 1/2 minutes or until alcohol smell evaporates.
- Remove from heat. Serve chicken with sauce.
LIFE OF DOZER
This is what’s in your face if you eat on the couch (with or without grey trackies and ugg boots).