Terrifically fudgy, super easy brownies that just happen to be gluten free. I love how moist these Gluten Free Brownies are, and the undertones of nuttiness from the almond meal. These keep well, and are made in one bowl!
Gluten Free Brownies
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (cooking chocolate is best, but even eating chocolate works)
- 85 g / 3 oz / 3/4 stick unsalted butter , cut into chunks
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup almond flour (almond meal)
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- Preheat the oven to 325F/180C with a rack in the lower third of the oven.
- Grease and line the pan across the bottom and up two sides with parchment paper. Having excess parchment paper will make it easy to lift out the brownie when cooked.
- Place chocolate, butter and salt in a heatproof bowl over simmering water. Stir occasionally until chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. You can also do this in a microwave - do it in 30 second bursts.
- Let the chocolate mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla and sugar.
- Crack the eggs straight into the bowl, and stir to combine well.
- Add almond and rice flour, and mix very well.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until the brownies are slightly puffed all over and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out moist but clean. You want it to be moist!
- Cool in the pan.
- Remove brownie by holding the edges of the baking paper and cut into squares.