This Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pasta is one for all those days when nothing but a creamy pasta will do. It’s unapologetically indulgent, and loaded with all the essential food groups – cream, parmesan, chicken and BACON. Very little prep, on the table in 20 minutes!
Luxuriously rich Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pasta
I’ve been crowned the Queen of Creamy-Without-Cream*, but today I’m dethroning myself temporarily just so I can share this Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pasta with you without an inkling of guilt.
We’ve made it to the end of the year, and the month of December is about indulgences. I’ve been very sensible in the past and shared real Alfredo recipes, made the real proper Italian way. That recipe uses just 1/2 cup of cream for 250g / 0.5 lb of pasta.
This recipe uses 3/4 cup of cream for 180g / 6 oz of pasta. I was very honest with you right from the outset….this is indulgent!
* I have been known in the past for self proclaimed titles (such as Roast Queen). However, on this particular occasion, it was in fact the editor of Super Food Ideas magazine who pointed out my fetish for creamy-without-cream. I feel that provides some level of authority for this title!
I actually photographed and filmed the recipe video about a month ago. I’ve been waiting for the right time to share it. I feel like making it to the end of the year, relatively unscathed, warrants some form of celebration.
After all, it is the month for excessive food indulgences, right? The month where even when we’re absolutely determined to eat healthy, there are treats at every turn enticing us. Office occasions, food gifts, gatherings with families and friends.
This is just one more enticement to add to that list. 😈
All that creamy sauce. All. That. CREAMY. SAUCE!!!
I do feel a bit guilty sharing such an indulgent treat with you. So I promise you, I have a big healthy fix coming up soon. Maybe even this Wednesday!
In the meantime, just think back to all you have achieved in 2016. Even if you didn’t make a dent in your list, ignore the fails and focus on the successes. Give yourself a pat on the back, a praise.
Then treat yourself to THIS Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pasta! 😉 – Nagi xx
More ways to get your creamy pasta fix!
- Fettucine Alfredo
- Creamy Tomato Pasta
- One Pot Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
- Ultra Lazy Creamy Chicken Broccoli Pasta Bake
- Seafood Gratin Pasta Bake
- Baked Mac and Cheese – and try the Shrimp version!
- Browse all pasta recipes
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
Watch and weep that you can’t reach through the screen…
Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pasta
- 6 oz / 180 g fettuccine or other pasta
- 5 -7 oz / 150 - 200 g bacon , chopped
- 6 oz / 180 g chicken breast , cut in half horizontally
- 1 tbsp (30 g) butter
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 small onion , finely chopped (brown, white or yellow)
- 3/4 cup (185ml) heavy cream / thickened cream
- 3/4 cup (185ml) pasta cooking water (Note 1)
- 1/2 cup FRESH grated parmesan (or 1/4 cup store bought grated) (Note 2)
- Fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook for time per packet MINUS 2 minutes (finishes cooking in Sauce).
- SCOOP OUT a mugful of pasta cooking water, then drain.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon until golden, drain on paper towels.
- Season chicken on both sides, cook in bacon fat, 2 minutes each side.
- Wipe pan - optional, to keep sauce pretty and white, and for a buttery clean tasting sauce rather than very bacony (Note 3).
- Over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and onion, cook for 3 - 4 minutes until onion is light golden and soft.
- Add cream, about 3/4 cup pasta water and parmesan. Stir, then simmer for 2 minutes until it reduces slightly - you don’t need to be exact here. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add pasta and toss gently in the sauce for about 1 1/2 minutes. The sauce will thicken and coat the pasta, do this step until you get the sauce consistency you want. If your sauce gets too thick, add a splash of pasta water.
- Toss through bacon and chicken.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parmesan and parsley!
LIFE OF DOZER
Just making sure we don’t forget he’s down there on the floor…..