Pomegranate Molasses Dressing tastes like a more exotic and thicker version of Balsamic vinaigrette! Hailing from the Middle East, it’s made with pomegranate molasses which is like balsamic syrup – thick, syrupy, sweet and tangy. This dressing can be kept for weeks, and pairs exceptionally well with roasted vegetables.
If you want to impress the pants off your friends and family with a fancy but easy sounding salad, try this Pomegranate Molasses Dressing! Pomegranate Molasses is probably not the sort of condiment that most people have just lying around in the pantry, but once you pick up a bottle, you can rest assured it lasts for aaaaages. So there’s no hurry to use it.
But really, once you discover it, you may just want to put it on everything! It’s like balsamic syrup. Thick and syrupy, tangy and sweet. You can even use it just plain, drizzled over salads with some olive oil.
Today, I want to share a Pomegranate Molasses Dressing. Something a little bit different, particularly delicious used on all manner of roasted vegetables. I’ve used it to make something a little different – a quick healthy dinner bowl with Roasted Pumpkin, a Kale and Broccoli Slaw and Browne Rice, drizzled with this Pomegranate Molasses Dressing.
I wanted to show you how it can be used to transform what would otherwise be considered a fairly ordinary bowl into something that sounds, looks and tastes so incredible! Plus super fast too if you use pre cut vegetables like I did. I used the David Jones pre cut pumpkin and Kale and Broccoli Slaw <– Seriously in love with this in particular. I’ve never shredded broccoli in my life. SO GOOD!
Oh – I got a bit fancy pants and topped it off with pomegranate seeds. Because I just happened to have one in the fridge, and it just looks so pretty!
This Pomegranate Molasses Dressing keeps for weeks in the fridge, so it’s great for making a big batch to have on standby. It would probably be fine without refrigerating, but it has mustard in it which I refrigerate. So I keep this in the fridge just to be safe. – Nagi x
- 3 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard (or English mustard, not hot)
- 1 tbsp honey (or 2 tsp sugar, any)
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt + pepper
Place all ingredients in a jar and shake well. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Store for 3+ weeks in the fridge in an airtight container.
1. Pomegranate molasses is like balsamic syrup. It's almost black, syrupy, tangy and sweet. It can be purchased at David Jones (that's where I got mine), fruit & veg stores (Harris Farms), Middle Eastern stores and even some Asian stores. It keeps for ages!
2. This dressing goes especially beautifully with roasted vegetables - pumpkin, sweet potato, onions, carrots. In the photos, I used it to make a dinner bowl using brown rice, roasted pumpkin, a pre prepared Kale and Broccoli Slaw (from David Jones Food Hall in Australia), topped with pumpkin seeds and pomegranate seeds (optional).
3. Slightly adapted from this recipe by Bon Appetit.