A simple taco sauce that’s quick to make and rivals store bought! You know exactly what goes in it, keeps for ages, and is terrific to serve with any type of tacos or as a dipping sauce for burritos, to drizzle over nachos or even as a dipping sauce for chips!
QUICK AND EASY TACO SAUCE
This is a quick and easy taco sauce that’s very versatile. It tastes as good as anything you can buy from the stores with the added bonus that you know exactly what goes in it, and you can customise it to your taste.
Just place the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes to bring the flavour together. That’s it!
This makes more than enough for one batch of tacos – but it keeps perfectly either in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for months.
USES FOR TACO SAUCE
Use this Taco Sauce for any type of tacos, including:
Beef Tacos – old school style made with ground beef / mince
If you can think of other ways to use this, drop a message in the comments section below and I’ll update the post – and thank you in advance! – Nagi x
- 2 cups / 500ml tomato passata / puree OR 1 can (16 ounce) US tomato sauce (Note 1)
- 3/4 cup / 185 ml water
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 + teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust heat to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan. Mix then simmer for 10 minutes on medium low.
- Transfer to serving bowl, cool and serve with tacos or other Mexican dishes requiring a sauce. Makes around 2.5 cups.
- Or cool, then refrigerate for up to 5 days OR freeze.
LIFE OF DOZER
I don’t think he’s checking out the view… I think he spies FOOD (in the form of fish…??)