As strange as it sounds, sweet, juicy watermelon with feta, red onion and mint is a winning combination. This summery, light salad is refreshing and is perfect for a summer barbeque.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 kg / 2 lbs watermelon
- 1 small Spanish red onion , finely sliced
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbs fresh mint , roughly chopped
- 75 g / 3 oz Danish feta cheese , crumbled into medium size pieces
- Whole mint sprigs , to garnish
- Cut the flesh from the melon and cut into bite size pieces, removing and discarding the seeds, and set aside. Peel and halve the onion, and thinly slice.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, salt, pepper, and whisk until salt is dissolved. Slowly whisk in the olive oil, a few drops at a time. Add in the chopped mint, taste, and adjust seasonings.
- In a large bowl, combine the melon, onion, and feta. Pour the dressing over the melon mixture and toss gently until everything is coated and evenly mixed. Garnish with mint sprigs.
Leave a Comment