Broccoli Chicken Fritters
Recipe video above. This combination of juicy chicken pieces and tender broccoli inside a fritter with a crispy golden crust is seriously delicious! For a version made with ground chicken (mince), try these Baked Chicken Broccoli Patties.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 16 fritters
- 1 large head broccoli , cut into florets
- 500g / 1lb chicken breast or thigh , cut into 0.8cm / 1/3" pieces
- 1/2 cup (75g) flour (any type)
- 1/2 cup (50g) parmesan cheese , grated or shredded
- 2 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
Pink Sauce - mix:
- 2/3 cup (165g) sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- Squeeze of lemon , plus more for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 100C/210F.
Steam broccoli until tender, then roughly chop. (Note 1)
Add broccoli and remaining Fritter ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Add enough oil in skillet to cover base. Heat to medium high.
Dollop 1/4 cup mixture into skillet, then pat down. (Note 2)
Cook 2.5 minutes until deep golden, then flip and cook for 2 minutes.
Transfer to rack, keep warm in oven.
Serve with Pink Sauce!
1. Broccoli - if you boil it, leave in colander for a while so excess water in florets steams out.
2. Cooking tips - standard ice cream scooper with lever is handy here, it's 1/4 cup. Don't aim for perfectly round, squiggly = more ridges = more crispy bits! Get 2 pans going if you can.
3. Nutrition per fritter, excluding pink sauce. 4 - 5 fritters is sufficient for a meal with sides. Try this Lemon Potato Salad, No Knead Rolls or a quick Irish Soda Bread.
Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 214mg | Potassium: 213mg | Vitamin A: 220IU | Vitamin C: 22.9mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 0.6mg