Save your leftover Christmas ham for this 5 ingredient, easy cheese puff pastry recipe that are perfect for New Years Eve and can even be made ahead!! You don’t even need a recipe for this – just watch the VIDEO! (Don’t worry, I’ve written out the recipe too!)
Using leftover Christmas ham to make finger food for New Years Eve that can be made ahead? That’s what I call food efficiency!
Puff pastry is literally a life saver when it comes to quick appetizers and snacks. No matter how bare your cupboards are, if you have puff pastry in the freezer, there is always something to be made. Sometimes I brush a sheet (generously) with melted butter, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, cut into batons and voila! A cute pile of flaky buttery Cinnamon Sugar Sticks! For quick savoury bites, I use melted garlic butter and sprinkle with parmesan, herbs and cracked pepper.
And here’s a simple idea to make fantastic finger food using leftover Christmas ham! There’s nothing fancy about these. They are just downright tasty. I mean, salty ham and melted cheese enclosed with buttery flaky pastry? That’s a touchdown, right there!
This Ham Cheese Puff Pastry recipe is simple to make. You don’t even need a recipe for this, just watch this quick video!
WARNING: You will be getting a serious dose of Baby Hands in action. No laughing!!! 😉
You didn’t think I was going to leave you hanging without a recipe did you?!! Of course not! Though seriously, I bet you’ve memorised it from watching the video!
I know it’s Christmas on Friday, but I’m sticking to my posting schedule and I’m going to share something for the morning after Christmas. If you are having ham for Christmas, I can pretty much guarantee that you won’t need to go to the store to make what I’m going to share!!! – Nagi x
More cocktail food for parties
Coconut Shrimp / Prawns with Thai Mango Dipping Sauce
Ham and Cheese Puffs
- 2 sheets puff pastry , 25cm/10" square
- 4 - 5 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 8 oz/250g shaved ham
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (or any other melting cheese) (Note 1)
- 2 egg yolks (or 1 egg - Note 2)
- Oil spray
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Spray 2 baking trays with oil.
- Let the puff pastry defrost then cut into 9 x 8cm/3.5" squares.
- Spread about 1/2 tsp of mustard diagonally across ta square.
- Top with ham and sprinkle with cheese.
- Dab one corner with egg yolk using a brush. Fold the opposite corner over the filling first, then fold the corner with the egg yolk over it and press down to bond.
- Place on baking tray. Repeat with remaining square.
- Brush the top with egg. Bake for 15 minutes or until deep golden brown and puffed.
- Serve warm!