A No Bake Nutella Cheesecake made with a biscuit base and topped with a Nutella flavoured cheesecake that is light and almost mousse-like. Simple and FUN to make, and yet elegant enough to serve at a dinner party, don’t you think? 🙂
And it just happens to be made with only 6 ingredients: Nutella, cream cheese, biscuits for the base, butter, cream and icing sugar (confectionary sugar). That’s it!
This no bake sweet treat is dedicated to all those who declared it to be such torture that the last recipe I shared was a luscious hearty Irish Beef & Guinness Stew when they are in the middle of a heat wave. 😉 That some of my readers are currently freezing their tails off with me in the Southern Hemisphere winter while others are enjoying summer in the Northern Hemisphere makes it rather fun as a food blogger because it means I get to share recipes that swing between opposite seasons.
So a thick hearty stew one day, then a bright summer no bake Nutella Cheesecake the next. Doesn’t get much different than that!
Truth be told, I am thoroughly spoilt here in Sydney where our winters are actually quite mild. So being smack bang in the middle of winter would in no way deter me from no-bake desserts.
Like these mini Nutella Cheesecakes. Who would let a little winter frost stop them from making these???!!!
As you can see, I make these in a muffin tin lined with paper patties which means no washing. Yay! I hate washing up muffin tins – such a pain!
I think any dessert in individual serving size portions are not only cuter but also quite sensible from a portion control perspective. As long as you can stop at one. Because the flip side is that if this was a traditional cheesecake, at least you could cut yourself a small second slice. But with these….I mean, who would cut one of these in half? (That said, I now do have a full size Nutella Cheesecake recipe right here!)
I make the biscuit base with Oreo cookies because it’s a pretty classic combination but the base can be made with plain biscuits too so I’ve provided directions for that in the notes.
I got the idea for a Nutella Cheesecake from Nigella’s Nutella Cheesecake – but my version is quite different because it is not as rich (and also in mini form). When it comes to no bake cheesecakes, I am a bit fussy because they can have a tendency to be a too dense for my taste. I like my cheesecakes to be more like a mousse texture, as close as I can get it to a Baked Cheesecake. So light and yet creamy when you eat it.
So my version has cream in it too which, when beaten, lightens up the cream cheese mixture considerably.
Don’t you just want to do a face plant in that bowl?
Nutella + Oreo cookies + cheesecake + cream. That’s a pretty winning combination if you ask me!
But don’t mind me. What do you think? – Nagi x
More Cheesecake recipes
Strawberry Cheesecake – a magical combination!
And for Nutella Monsters:
Outrageous Nutella Stuffed Brownies
Nutella French Toast Roll Ups – super quick and so good!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Mini No Bake Nutella Cheesecake
- 1 (4.8 oz / 137g) packet oreo cookies (Note 1)
- 3 tbsp / 45 g unsalted butter , melted
- 8 oz / 250 g Philadelphia cream cheese (brick form, NOT tub!) , softened
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp / 240 g Nutella (or hazelnut spread)
- 1/4 cup / 65 ml heavy cream (Note 2)
- 1/2 cup / 30 g icing sugar (confectionary / powdered sugar)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/3 cup / 80 g Nutella (Note 3)
- 3/4 cup / 185 ml heavy cream (Note 2)
- 2 tbsp / 25 g sugar
- Line a standard 12 hole muffin tin with paper patties.
- Use a food processor or place Oreos in a ziplock bag and bash with a rolling pin to make fine crumbs.
- Mix Oreo crumbs with butter. Divide between holes and press firmly to flatten.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Then beat in icing sugar, Nutella and vanilla extract. Add cream and beat for 2 to 3 minutes or until fluffy like frosting.
- Divide mixture between holes. Smooth out top. Refrigerate until firm in muffin tin (Note 5)
- Beat cream until starting to thicken, add sugar then beat until soft peaks form. Transfer to piping bag (optional) and pipe / dollop cream on each.
- Place Nutella in one corner of a small ziplock bag and microwave for 15 seconds on high. Snip a a tiny hole in one corner of the ziplock bag. Drizzle over cheesecakes. (Note 6)
- Serve cool (Note 7)
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
No Bake Nutella Cheesecake Recipe video!
LIFE OF DOZER
See? I’m not a total monster. Dozer DOES get to do some taste testing!
Leave a Comment